Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Delicious Carrot Fries


Here we have a sort or "roasted carrot", that has also been slightly "crunchified" so it may wield that name "Carrot Fry".

The inspiration came from the idea that just about anything can become a fry, and a not too greasy one.

The first taste reminded me of the perfect pairing of sweet and salty.
If you enjoy the taste of roasted carrots, you will love this. The procedure is simple, and very similar to making and type of fries, as well as carrots.

As for the prepping, I just scrubbed the carrots, cut off the ends, and then proceeded to slice each carrot into fry shapes:















Carrot Fries




After Preparation (simply explained above)

Turn oven to 425 degrees

Have a Med. sized saute pan ready with Olive oil on hand

Place carrots in pan and turn stove to Medium heat

Drizzle Olive oil on top of carrots, enough to layer the pan

Let carrots cook in pan until softened. This may take about fifteen minutes.




Prepare a non stick cookie sheet for the oven, and place carrot slices so they do not touch.
You may add your spices ( I used Sea Salt and black Pepper)

Watch carrots closely, as they should be ready fairly quickly. I would give it about ten minutes.











5 comments:

  1. wow! it looks strange for me. maybe because of the fact i do not like a carrot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,thanks! For me,it was amazing,too,because i live in the west of Germany and there aren`t animals so free like in the south :)
    (My English is terrible,haha :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These reminded me of Sweet Potato Fries... that are also SO Yummy!

    I will have to try Carrot Fries next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm Mmm good, love em and way too easy to make, thanks

    ReplyDelete