Thursday, September 24, 2009

This is where it begins.


First of all, this is all very exciting to me. My friends and family have recommended many times that I should write an exclusive cookbook about my combination s. Of course, I was and will NEVER be enthusiastic enough to go through such a process, so a blog seemed much more appropriate.

I was not sure what to begin with, just because I have so many ideas and recipes to share, from Jambalaya to my many all natural smoothies.

So, as my first entry, I have decided to begin with a very simple, yet DELICIOUS recipe that cannot be given a proper name:

Simple Garlic Sauce



To give you a little background on this one, my father made this sauce often when I was a child to go with a chicken dish or a beef dish, such as a roast. I would literally sneak up to the pan and lick off the remains on the pot.

I must first stress that this is NOT like your average pasta sauce. It must be exclusively paired with Dutch Egg Noodles- nothing else.


Just as I said the Recipe is simple:

(Serves 2)

1/2 stick of Butter, Margarine or Olive Oil

1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder, I prefer)

Italian or Plain Bread Crumbs (amount depends on desired thickness)


REMEMBER: You will need to purchase Dutch Egg Noodles for best result!


Cooking Preparations:

Melt butter or Margarine (or if using olive oil) in a small pot

Increase heat to a medium high
If using minced garlic, you will have to watch the stove very closely, so the garlic does not burn
If using garlic powder, you may lower the heat and let stand for 3 minutes

Stir.

The bread crumbs will thicken the sauce, so I suggest starting off by adding just a tablespoon.

Stir.

If you would like the sauce to be thicker, add more bread crumbs, but slowly.

Once the concoction is finished, pour over the Egg Noodles and enjoy!









2 comments:

  1. I'm actually quite excited about your site just after reading your bio. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll do my best to provide tastiness!

    ReplyDelete